Sunday, May 11, 2003

Well I promised to explain the joy of the convention. And as the dust has settled, I've got some time to spare and the weekend is almost over, now is probably the time to explain...

First off, everyone's knows about conventions. Or they think they do. Believe me, before this one I was the same. I've seen Galaxy Quest, Trekkies, and even Chasing Amy (comic cons, but the same kind of thing) so I thought I knew exactly what to expect. In fact me and J (one of my best friends and my con-queen partner in crime) booked the thing drunk. Basically because I'm out of London we hardly see each other much and we both have a long term interest in Buffy and Angel (and before that X-Files and Star Trek) and thought 'sod it, if it's terrible and everyone's mad we can hang out in the corner and mock and we'll at least get to spend some time together'. But it didn't work that way. Noooooosirreeeebob.

Instead we got into it, had a fantastic time, spent way too much money and I ended up turning into a queueing nutwoman. I haven't laughed and had so much fun in ages and now I am completely hooked - in fact I've already booked for another convention booked by the same guy next year (June next year. Yup. As in 13 months away). This is what happens. You end up going a little wild.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home