Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Ok. I'm a tidge depressed.

This is rare for me generally. While I'm not a 'tra la la the hills are alive with the sound of music, let me go and hug this bunny rabbit' kind of a girl, generally nothing much gets to me hugely.

I have a job I like, bearable home situation (kinda), good friends (and now even an X-box! :P) so what more could one woman want??

Well. A new job would be nice. And a chance to move back home and kickstart my life.

By some miracle I passed the NCE first time (those sacrifices to the gods of typo protection obviously paid off) and I'm now raring to wander back to my home turf with a spangly new job as a senior.

But are there any such jobs?? Nah, don't be daft.

So I applied for this job that was basically a glorified website sub (but they call you a 'web journalist' and can therefore pay you less), not sure that I even wanted it. The salary was too low, and it was techy and less writing based than I'd like.

I dragged myself off to the interview, jumped through the requisite hoops (including a literacy test because, hey, the GCSEs, A-Levels, degree, postgrad, NCE and cuttings file were just a bit *inconclusive*) and still remained unconvinced I even wanted the thing.

So why, when I get the letter of rejection (Rejection. such a harsh word!) do I feel like I've been kicked in the gut??The funny thing is in the letter the guy who interviewed me said he felt I was interested more in writing than the subbing and therefore wasn't right for the role... so I obviously put myself across right lol. But I'm still peeved.

Meh. I think I've bored myself! I think watching DVDs and drinking wine alone in the house (no flatmate!) might cure me enough to climb out of the pit of my doldrums.

Although I seem to have scraped my knee on the way down here though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home