Saturday, October 23, 2004

In every four-year term there is a chosen one. He alone will face the American public, the United Nations, and the forces of darkness. He is the President.

I have long thought Joss Whedon was a god.

This just proves it to be true.

As well as being a fab director, great writer, and an all-round intelligent and funny guy (as well as the creator of the best TV sci fi show ever - Firefly, go buy it, go watch it now!) Joss is taking part in a major fundraiser for Kerry/Edwards 2004, with Whedon fans coast to coast hosting smaller shindigs which will have a phone link up to the main LA party.

And what's more, he's bringing a host of fanatstic actors from his show including Alyson Hannigan, Nicholas Brendon, Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof, Nathan Fillion, Amber Benson, J. August Richards, Tom Lenk, Danny Strong, and Adam Busch.

This rocks, although I'm faintly depressed we'll never get anything similar here (which party would they support as the better choice??! :/). Still, if Kerry gets in it's *got* to be better for the world than having Forrest Gump the Pretzel Prez with his finger over the nuclear button...

Joss Whedon explains: (magpied from a series of message boards)

Hi, guys. What's up?

And now that I'm back in the system, let me get stumpy on y'all. In case nobody said, I'm doing a little country wide phone gala this Sunday to beat the bushes (amazingly enough, that was totally unintentional. My very SUBCONSCIOUS is a punster!)for Kerry supporters in these cucial last weeks. If you're interested:

highstakes2004.com

provides the info. We'll be talking, I'll inevitably be punning, I will be deadly serious on the subject of politics but not in that how-can-I-edge-away-from-this-guy-who's-still-talking-at-the-party way. There'll be Buffy talk, Serenity talk, shrubbery, and I'll give stuff away! (Not plot stuff, signed stuff.) (and not shrubbery.)

End of stumpy! Let's dish on the stars! Isn't that Marc Blucas DREAMY?!?!

....

Like I said, there CUCIAL last weeks. These last weeks are CUCIAL. Simply cucial. I mean it. We're down to the wyre and ebery vot koontz.

I didn't ever actually learn to type. Is that okay?

....

Hey guys. I wanted to post on the thread about the fund-raiser, but it's long gone. So I'll post on the X-Men thread instead.

The truth about the X-Men [JW is rumoured to be directing it] is...

...much less important than this election. Much less important than putting someone in the White House who knows the difference between leading and bullying. I'm here to confirm that I will be doing the phone-party on Saunday and I'm urging any and everyone to attend one or even host one. (Highstakes2004.com.) I plan to be incredibly funny and insightful, or mention some people who have been in the past. We can talk about politics, we can talk about Buffy, we can talk about car maintenence (though I'll mostly just listen at that point) and I will once and for all tell you all what IS going on with the X-Men. And then we can talk about politics some more.

So many people are acting like there's little difference between Kerry and Bush and that is not the case. If you're for Bush I doubt I can sway you but if you're one of those people grumbling about politicians all being the same I'm begging you to look hard at the facts and at the smirking face of the man who is doing more damage to this country than any president in my lifetime. We cannot let apathy decide our fate. I'm sounding all soapbox-y but I am truly afraid for our economic infrastucture, our dwindling natural reserves and most of all our place in the world. We need to act.

Uh, and it'll be... fun...

It will. Insane Phone Posse, and for a great cause. Get in. I'll stay on the phone as long as anyone will listen. Let freedom ring, unless it's on vibrate. Can we pretend I didn't say that?

www.highstakes2004.com.

....

Actually, after careful consideration, we'll probably have it on Sunday instead of Saunday. More people that actually exist will probably show up. The party on Hmnoortzday sucked large.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home