Friday, May 16, 2003

Am preparing for a happily quiet day before a jaunt out to a local beer festival for the evening (it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it).

Going out to do some court reporting in a minute (once my bacon sandwich and tea hangover cure kicks in - it was my birthday yesterday and I partied rather well!). Better that than being in the office anyway. At the moment there's nothing much going on, just a few phone calls/emails to field from people annoyed about our front page telling the story of the dead girl.

For once it's not a cock up with the story though (thank goodness). That's quite straightforward. The family didn't want to speak to me and I didn't hassle them about that. But unfortunately the front page advert (which takes up the bottom of the page directly under the screaming headline SCHOOLGIRL KILLED IN BIKE CRASH) is for a local no-win-no-fee solicitors and starts 'have you been involved in an accident which wasn't your fault in the last three years...?' If it wasn't in such bad taste it would be funny. As it is, I'll be happy to get out of the office for a bit, even if it means I get glowered at by solicitors at our local magistrates court - they *really* dislike journalists. Which is quite insulting really, bearing in mind they're *lawyers* how trustworthy is that anyway?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home