Monday, January 10, 2005

"Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers."

Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
X-Files

You'd think from this my new year has been poo and my life is being sucked down the loo, but apart from a few niggling problems I'm doing rather splendidly thank you very much.

But I love that quote (from back when the X-Files was in its funky groove) and rediscovered it tonight and don't want to lose it again, so here it is. Enjoy it and all its cynical sentiments - I may feel them a couple of times a day (when I start making jokes about noose weaving) but at least it isn't terminal :)

Oh yeah, happy new year. Apologies if you didn't get a card (I bought a box of 50 and wrote, erm, four) - but I was being a bit pants this Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home